Safety and Security
TU Assistance and Care Team for Students
Introduction and Overview
The Tiffin University Assistance and Care Team for Students (TUacts) has been developed to assist students, faculty, and staff members at Tiffin University. The overall goal of TUacts is to promote a safe environment for all, and an environment that is focused on and enhances student learning and student development. This goal involves the collaboration of the entire University community in a proactive, prevention-minded approach to problematic behavior. It uses an early identification and response strategy to manage emerging situations with a focus on preventing escalation of concerning behaviors.
Overall, the Tiffin University Assistance and Care Team for Students seeks to increase communication, collaboration, and coordination regarding behavior that raises concerns or disrupts the university learning environment. TUacts enhances campus safety and promotes success by providing a centralized listening and response function regarding problematic behavior. This includes providing consultation and support to those dealing with the situations as they emerge, tracking and assessing incidents and patterns of incidents, responding to the individuals involved along TUacts guidelines, and documenting all of the above.
The Tiffin University Assistance and Care Team for Students is a multidisciplinary team that meets regularly to serve five major functions for the university:
- Provide consultation and support to members of the university community in assisting individuals who display concerning or disruptive behaviors;
- Respond to reports, gather information to assess situations involving individuals who display concerning or disruptive behaviors; engage reported individuals in a process aimed at correcting the disturbing behavior;
- Recommend appropriate intervention strategies or disciplinary sanctions;
- Connect individuals with needed campus and community resources;
- Monitor ongoing behavior of individuals who have displayed disruptive or concerning behavior.
TUacts: Representatives from the following departments
|Dr. Sharon Perry-Fantini||Assistant Vice President for Diversity and Equity, Title IX Coordinator|
|Michael Herdlick||Dean of Students|
|Jacob Simon||Director of Residence Life|
|Julie George||Director of Wellness and Counseling|
|Jennifer Boucher||Director of Campus Security|
|Lonny Allen||Director of Athletics|
|Dr. Jonathan Appel||Professor of Psychology and Criminal Justice|
If you would like to report a concern for a student, please click the following link and submit an Incident Reporting Form (https://publicdocs.maxient.com/incidentreport.php?TiffinUniv). In the "Nature of this report” field, please select “Concerned for a Student."
If you have any questions about TUacts, please contact Mike Herdlick, Dean of Students at 419-448-3582 or HerdlickM@tiffin.edu.
In the event of an emergency or crisis situation, call #911