Festival of Champions
Tuesday, October 23, doors open at 5 p.m.
Free event, open to the Public
Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month and the 50-year anniversary of the 1968 Olympic Games in Mexico City at the Festival of Champions. Meet elite athletes and coaches including Olympians, Paralympians and a member of the International Olympic Committee at the Heminger Center on Tiffin University’s campus.
- The first 600 youths completing the 3-Pillar summer program will receive a sport bag and a picture with an Olympian. Free water bottles and commemorative programs will be available for autographs.
- All medal winners from the YMCA Youth Games should arrive early for a group photo on stage with the Olympians.
Event highlights include:
- Autographs and photo opportunities with Olympians, Paralympians and coaches
- Spotlight events:
- Hot shot contest featuring elite athletes and coaches
- A parade of nations and March of the Olympians
- Special award presentation by the International Fair Play Committee
- Sport and fitness training demonstrations
- Fitness, health and wellness stations
- Fun sports on the turf
- Cultural booths with henna art, name translations and local sports
- DJ and live entertainment
- Salsa or mambo dance lessons
- Poster displays
Follow us on Facebook